Mitchell Road Elementary School
The mission of Mitchell Road Elementary School is to offer students a quality education in a safe, inviting learning environment while helping them learn responsibility, self-discipline, and respect for others.
Our vision is to provide a safe, nurturing and energized learning community, which empowers each child to be successful. We will achieve this by using a standard based curriculum that is progressive, challenging and fosters life long learners. Classroom instruction will be interactive, provide opportunities that are developmentally appropriate and integrate technology in all content areas. Authentic assessment will be utilized to reflect student achievement and assure continuous improvement for all learners.
Statement of Beliefs
- We believe a focus on student learning and achievement is paramount in a child’s educational program.
- We believe the school should provide a learning environment that is encouraging, safe, clean and nurtured by competent teachers, administrators, and support personnel.
- We believe in an educational program that offers a curriculum that is challenging and differentiated meeting the needs of each individual child.
- We believe educational experiences should enable students to learn to communicate effectively, solve problems competently, think critically and creatively, and act responsible.
- We believe each child should be provided with opportunities to establish himself as an individual as well as opportunities to function as a member of a group.
- We believe education is a continuous process of learning that involves the school, home, community, teacher and student.