The mission of the Lakeview Middle School Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that is data driven to ensure a safe and supportive environment in which all students can acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for academic, career, and personal/social development. In partnership with faculty, staff, parents, and community members, the Lakeview School Counseling program will provide opportunities to maximize the potential of all students to become independent, lifelong learners and responsible, productive citizens.
- Students are our highest priority.
- All students are unique; they will succeed to their highest individual talent and potential when given a safe and nurturing environment.
- School counselors and support staff are advocates for students and foster relationships and connectedness with students, staff, and families.
- Honesty, respect, and responsibility are fundamental. Every student has the right to be heard and treated with dignity.
- A comprehensive, proactive school counseling program is integral to the educational program for students.
Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships