Lakeview eLearning: A Guide for Students and Parents
Currently, our main priority is the well-being of our students. We recognize the start of the school year has been quite a transition, for both students and teachers alike. We hope the following practices will support students during their eLearning days:
- Content will be provided in kid-friendly language and terminology
- Resources (videos, forms, etc.) will be hyperlinked into teachers' Google Classrooms
- Specific directions/instructions will be provided
eLearning / At Home Daily Schedule
By 8:00 AM:
- Wake up, get dressed, have breakfast
- Log into Chromebook and check Google Classrooms Daily Assignments for each teacher
- Work on each class for approximately 45 minutes
- Remember this is new information, reading and listening to new information will all you to understand and complete assignments
As you are working:
- Answer any starter or "ticket out the door" questions
- Pace yourself and do not rush to complete each assignment.
- If you finish classwork early, move on to the next class or take a brain break
- If you get frustrated with an assignment, stop, move on to another task and come back to it later
- Find a classmate or friend to help you
- Email your teach via Gmail or Google Classroom if you need additional help
- Write down teacher office hours so you know when to ask for help during the day
Lakeview Middle eLearning Live Instruction Schedule
eLearning Schedule by Grade Level
Grading will follow the normal weights and percentages for both face-to-face and eLearning. Students should access lessons and assignment through Google Classroom using their student email@example.com account. Teachers, counselors and administrators will be monitoring student engagement and participation and will make contact with any student who has not been online or in contact with their teachers.
Here are some helpful resources to help you and your student navigate the eLearning world:
Click here for The Parents Guide to Google Classroom
Clic aqui for La Guia de los Padres para Aula de Google
Download Assignments & Work Offline (without Internet) - All Greenville County Schools (GCS) have WiFi access in the parking lot near the building from 7 AM to 7 PM daily. There is no need to go to a specific school - just go to the nearest GCS building that is most convenient to you. Students needing Internet can also connect 10 AM - 12 noon at any of the meal delivery sites listed on our website (www.greenville.k12.sc.us). Though Internet access is needed to download or turn in eLearning assignments, once assignments are downloaded, students can work on the material offline.
Directions for Getting Materials While Connected to WiFi - PLEASE NOTE: While away from WiFi, DO NOT CLOSE ANY TABS UNTIL YOU ARE RECONNECTED TO THE INTERNET AND YOUR WORK HAS BEEN SAVED. YOU COULD LOSE ALL OF YOUR WORK OTHERWISE.
1. Connect to the Internet (GCS WiFi)
2. Go to each teacher's Google Classroom.
3. Open each teacher's virtual eLearning assignment.
4. Make sure all documents are completely loaded and open.
5. You must have each assignment open in an individual tab before you leave the WiFi area/range.
6. Once you leave the WiFi area/range, you will be able to view, type & edit document that you already have open. You will not be able to open any links once you leave the GCS WiFi area/range.