Why LMS is a Title I School?
The purpose of this title is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging State academic achievement standards and state academic assessments. Funding that Lakeview Middle School receives is allocated to —
(1) ensure that high-quality academic assessments, accountability systems, teacher preparation and training, curriculum, and instructional materials are aligned with challenging State academic standards so that students, teachers, parents, and administrators can measure progress against common expectations for student academic achievement;
(2) meet the educational needs of low-achieving children including limited English proficient children, migratory children, children with disabilities, Indian children, neglected or delinquent children, and young children in need of reading assistance;
(3) close the achievement gap between high- and low-performing children, especially the achievement gaps between minority and non-minority students, and between disadvantaged children and their more advantaged peers;
(4) improve and strengthen accountability, teaching, and learning by using State assessment systems designed to ensure that students are meeting challenging State academic achievement and content standards and increasing achievement overall, but especially for the disadvantaged;
(5) provide greater decision making authority and flexibility to schools and teachers in exchange for greater responsibility for student performance;
(6) provide children an enriched and accelerated educational program, including the use of school-wide programs or additional services that increase the amount and quality of instructional time;
(7) promote school-wide reform and ensuring the access of children to effective, scientifically based instructional strategies and challenging academic content;
(8) increase the quality of instruction by providing staff with substantial opportunities for professional development;
(9) coordinate services under all parts of the Lakeview Middle School Title I plan with each other, with other educational services, and with other agencies providing services to youth, children, and families; and
(10) afford parents substantial and meaningful opportunities to participate in the education of their children.
For more information, please contact Cindy Wade Title I Facilitator, at (864) 355-6412 or at email@example.com, or Lillie Duncan, Parent Involvement Coordinator, at (864) 355-6426, or firstname.lastname@example.org.