Media Center Policies
Welcome to the Hughes Media Center!
We are always glad to have students, teachers, staff, and parents visit. Our regular hours are from 7:45am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday. We are happy to arrange to stay late or come in early if you have a special need.
General Media Center Policies
- Students must have a signed and dated pass from a teacher or administrator to visit the Media Center.
- Students should enter the Media Center quietly, show their pass to Mrs. Jansen or Mrs. Garrett, and sign-in on a designated computer.
- Students may not leave the Media Center to use the restroom or run errands. Personal business should be addressed before the student gets a pass to the Media Center.
Check Out Policies
- Students may check out 2 books at a time.
- Books are due back in the Media Center in 2 weeks, but may be returned as soon as the student is finished reading them. The due date is the last date stamped on the Hughes bookmark given to each student at check out.
- If the 2 weeks is up and the student is not finished reading their book, it may be renewed for an additional 2 weeks, as long as no one else has requested that book.
- You may not check out new books if you owe a fine or have out an overdue or lost book.
- Late books are assessed a fine of 5¢ per day, however, fines do not accumulate when school is not in session. We give students an additional two-week grace period to return books before charging overdue fines.
- Reference books may only be checked out overnight. They may be checked out after 7th period and must be returned before 1st period the next day. Reference Books will not be checked out over the weekend and will be assessed a fine of 25¢ per day.
- Lost or damaged books will be charged the replacement price of the book.
- Students may use the computer during class for educational related work; surfing, e-mailing, and games are not allowed. Use of e-mail is permitted when requested by your teacher.
- Students must have a pass from their teacher specifying computer work.
- Internet permission is assumed unless a parent states in writing that their child may not have access. Click here to read the Greenville County Student Acceptable Use Policy.
- Our administration has allowed students to print in the Media Center.
- Please let Ms. Jansen or Ms. Garrett assist you with printing and keying in the proper print code.