What is Title I?
According to the SC Department of Education,
The purpose of Title I, Part A of Public Law 107-110 is to enable schools to provide opportunities for children served to acquire the knowledge and skills contained in the challenging state content standards and to meet the challenging state performance standards developed for all children.
This purpose is accomplished by such efforts as
- providing an enriched and accelerated educational program;
- promoting schoolwide reform through schoolwide programs or through additional services that increase the amount and quality of instructional time;
- significantly upgrading the quality of instruction by providing staff in participating schools with substantial opportunities for professional development; and
- affording parents meaningful opportunities to participate in the education of their children at home and at school
Title I at Hollis Academy
Hollis Academy Elementary School receives Title I funding for additional academic program resources. Please review our Title I plan, located in the main office or click on the links above. We value your participation and want your suggestions. Please place your written comments in the suggestion box in the school's main office, direct your suggestions to the principal via email or in person. You may also call the school at 355-4800 or fax a document to 355-4826. We will acknowledge your comments within 24 hours or by the next business day.
Hollis Academy's Title I Plan
- 2017-18 Title I Plan
- 2018-2019 Title I Budget
- Attestation of Highly Qualified Staff 18-19
- SCDE Complaint Resolution Procedures
- 24 Hour Rule and Suggestions
- What is Title I?
Hollis Academy is a Title I School. We offer educational and social service support. Ask us about our special programs. Please let us know how we are doing. We will respond to your questions within 24 hours via email, phone, or letter.
For more information please contact our Title I Facilitator Charlotte Sauls.