Reporting COVID-19 Exposures and Positive Test Results
Parents are asked to report any COVID-19 symptoms, exposure, or positive test results to the school principal or your student's grade level administrator.
Parents are strongly encouraged to screen their students daily, at home, for COVID-19 symptoms (see below). If a student takes a COVID-19 test because he/she is symptomatic, the student should not be physically present in school until the test results are returned.
Keep students at home if they present with any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing - or -
- Loss of taste or smell - or -
- New or worsening cough
In order to return to school from this exclusion, student must provide one of the following:
- Return to school note from your student's medical provider indicating a medical evaluation has determined symptoms are related to another cause other than COVID-19 OR
- Documentation of a negative COVID-19 test.
Student are also required to exclude from school with one of the following symptoms but does not require COVID-19 medical clearance:
- Fever (100.4 or greater). Must be 24 hours fever free before returning to school. (this means without the use of fever reducing medications).
- Diarrhea (3 or more episodes of loose stools in a 24 hour period). Must be 24 hours diarrhea free before returning to school (this means without the use of diarrhea suppressing medication).
- Vomiting (2 or more times in a 24 hour period). Must be 24 hours without vomit and able to have 1 to 2 meals before returning to school. (this means without the use of vomiting suppressing medications)
GCS COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions GCS COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions - Spanish
Safe Return to In-Person Instructions Safe Return to In-Person Instructions - Spanish
GCS Notification of Positive COVID-19 Cases
GCS Parent COVID-19 Resources Webpage
COVID Reporting in GCS