Dunbar Child Development Center
200 Morgan Street
Greer, SC 29651
Telephone: (864) 355-2270
Fax: (864) 355-2295
Principal: Amanda Lecaroz
Asst. Principal: Joan Britton
Laying the Foundation for Future Success!
School is Almost Here!!
The beginning of school is almost upon us and we are thrilled to welcome your child to the Child Development Centers. We are looking forward to a wonderful year together where your child will amaze us all as he/she progresses through the year.
The first day of school is Monday, August 20, 2018. Please have your child here by 8am and picked up by 11:30am. We will follow this same schedule for August 20-24. The first FULL day of school for the Child Development Centers is Monday, August 27. School hours from then on will be 8:00am until 2:30pm for all 4K and special education 4 year olds. If your child is a bus rider, Monday, August 27 is also the first day that 4K buses will be running.
Here are a few items that I think will be helpful as we begin this journey together:
- Morning Drop-Off: Please wait until a staff member opens the car door. If possible, the car seat should be on the back passenger side door. To ensure your child’s safety and that we have staff available for supervision, the earliest your child can be dropped off at school is 7:30am.
- Tardy: School starts at 8am. After 8am, children are tardy; you must park your car, walk in with your child, and sign-in at the office. Please remember your child misses critical instruction and activities when they are late to school and 4K is a great time to instill great habits.
- Early Dismissal: If your child has to be dismissed early from school, please send a note to the teacher. You will need to come to the office, show identification, and sign your child out. There will be NO early dismissals after 1:45pm. Again, we discourage early dismissals as they disrupt the instruction for your child as well as the rest of the children in the classroom.
- Dismissal: Anyone picking up a child from the Child Development Centers MUST have a bus/car tag with a matching number to the child. Car Pickup: If you do not have a tag or it is lost, you must park your car, get a new tag at the main office and then return back to the car line for pick up. Bus Pickup: If you need a new tag, please contact the school office BEFORE you need a tag as it will take a day for the tag to be delivered home with your child, otherwise, you will need to come to the school to get a new tag in order to receive your child off of the bus.
- Peanut Sensitive: Our centers are peanut sensitive. Please do not send any food items to school that contain peanut products. All food items to be shared, with other students, must be commercial products and in their original packaging.
- Towel: The first day of school, we are asking for each child to bring a change of clothes and a towel or blanket that can fit in a 2 gallon plastic bag for a brief quiet time each day.
- Dress Code: Your child should wear comfortable clothes and play shoes as we are very active here at the CDCs. Please NO flip flops.
- Tote Bags/Book Bags: A school tote bag will be provided for your child so there is no need to purchase one for your child. Please check daily for teachers’ notes, school memos, etc.
- Phone/Address Change: Must be done in writing and brought to the office at your center.
I am thrilled to start the new year with your child and for you to join the Child Development Centers where will begin “laying the foundation for future success”.