Home of the Fighting Tigers 2151 Fews Chapel Road ♦ Greer, SC 29651 ♦ Phone 864-355-1800 ♦ Fax 864-355-1821Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Blue Ridge High School - Mission
Our vision at Blue Ridge High School is to create a school where...........
- Each student will feel that the curriculum has prepared him or her for college and/or the workforce.
- The curriculum will be relevant, challenging and interesting.
- The curriculum will be always expanding, never stagnant, and changing to meet the needs of the student.
- Instruction will value student input.
- Instruction will be enhanced with technology when applicable.
- Varied methods of instruction will be used with emphasis on student involvement (Ex. hands on activities).
- Instruction will be accurate, well-planned, professional, and effective.
- Each student will be assessed proportionately on content and skills taught in the instructional process.
- Each student will be aware of the expectations that will be assessed.
- A variety of assessment techniques will be used.
- Assessment will be fair, accurate, and will require critical thinking.
- Students, teachers, and administration will feel pride and ownership in Blue Ridge High School.
- Blue Ridge High School will be safe, clean, comfortable and provide an atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
- Blue Ridge High’s environment will reflect student accomplishments.
- Blue Ridge High School will set the standard for all other schools in the Southeast.
We believe that...
- The student is the center of the educational process. (District Goals 1-5)
- Every student is a unique individual and that the curriculum should be designed to address a variety of learning styles, assessment techniques, and a broad range of interests. (District Goals 1, 3)
- Every student should feel safe and secure in the school environment. (District Goal 3)
- Students should expect professionalism and support from all faculty, staff, and support personnel. (District Goals 2,3)
- Students should be nurtured and challenged to fully realize their gifts and skills. (District Goals 1,3)
- As an essential element of the educational process, each student must accept responsibility to be an active learner and supporter of the learning environment. (District Goal 1)
- We must offer the student interdisciplinary experiences which will prepare them as cooperative problem solvers and responsible decision-makers in the workplace. (District Goal 1)
- The academic program should adequately prepare students to meet or exceed established state standards. (District Goals 1,2)
- We have an obligation to help each student learn to deal with a technologically advanced 21st century in positive and creative ways. (District Goals 1-4)
- We must foster in all students an attitude of tolerance and understanding for cultural, physical, and other differences among people. (District Goals 3, 5)
- Blue Ridge High School, as a partner with the home and community, should strive to exemplify characteristics of citizenship, self-sufficiency, and strong moral character. (District Goals 2, 5)
- Blue Ridge High School, as a partner with the home and community, must teach individual responsibility for one’s actions and acceptance of consequences appropriate to one’s behavior. (District Goal 3)