Blue Ridge High School - History
Nick Name: Fighting Tigers
Colors: Red and Black
Yearbook: El Dorado
Newspaper: Tiger Tales
Near the Blue Ridge Mountains' splendor,
Under skies of blue,
Stands our noble
Glorious and true.
Many memories has she brought us,
Pleasures, knowledge, truth.
Giving light to all her children,
Making better youth.
Dear old Blue Ridge
She has been our guide.
serve her truly;
We'll be by her side.
Red and black
we hold before us,
As the years go by.
Hail to Blue Ridge High.
In 1954 Blue Ridge High School opened its doors for the
The beginnings might have been a bit shaky, but the community soon realized the uncertainties were misplaced. Blue Ridge High School prospered and earned its Southern Association Accreditation in 1965. School spirit was strong and the school had become an integral part of the community.
During the 1960's and
The new school allowed many new programs and courses to be offered. Soon Blue Ridge had a reputation for excellence not only in the core courses but in vocational education, the fine arts, and foreign languages as well.
During the next twenty years the area continued to grow, and again, the old facility was becoming inadequate. In 2003 Greenville County embarked on a program to update its school facilities and Blue Ridge was
Blue Ridge High School has changed a lot since 1954. However, the qualities that have set the school apart for all those years remain constant. The Blue Ridge student body is loyal, the faculty and administrators are dedicated, and the community support is strong.