Arrival and Departure Procedures
Please take some time to read through our Drop-off and Pickup Procedures to familiarize yourself with our school arrival and departure system.
During the first few weeks we ask for your patience and understanding as our carpool lines tend to be longer during that time.
Morning Drop-Off Procedures
- Car riders should not arrive before 7:30 a.m. each morning. Adult supervision is not provided until this time.
- All students should be at school by 8:00 a.m. Students arriving at school after that time will be considered tardy and must sign in at the front office.
- At 7:30 a.m. Blythe Dr. becomes a one-way road. Please use both lanes of Blythe Dr. to enter the carpool area at the school’s marquee.
- The bus parking lot is available for morning drop off only from 7:45-8:00 a.m. Vehicles must use the left lane of Blythe Dr. and proceed past the marquee before carefully merging into the right lane in order to make the turn. The right lane of Blythe Dr. is for right turns only at the Marquee.
- The upper parking lot at the front of the school will be closed from 7:45 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Students are not permitted to be dropped off to walk across the front parking lot during morning carpool hours.
- Students can be dropped off in the carpool line at the front of the building from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. The bus parking area is only available for student drop-off from 7:45 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Please be considerate and merge every other car at the designated area. Merging is a necessity, not an option.
- Cars should follow in a single line with the first car pulling forward to the marked pole. Please be considerate of those coming behind you and pull all the way up.
- Once your children have been dropped off, please be patient and remain in line. Do not pull to the left to get around other vehicles still unloading children unless directed by a staff member to do so.
- You must turn right onto Blythe Drive as you exit Blythe Academy after drop-off.
- During morning carpool, both lanes of travel are to be used to turn onto Long Hill Street. The crossing guard will direct traffic accordingly.
Afternoon Pick-Up Procedures
- Early dismissals are granted up until 2:00 p.m. Anyone needing to pick up a child after this time will need to go through the car line.
- You MUST use the carpool line to pick up your child, unless they are designated as a neighborhood walker or bus rider.
- Parents MUST have a car number for their children displayed on the dashboard. Please practice this number at home with your children so they will be sure to leave the building when you arrive
- To protect our children, you will not be permitted to pick up a child in the car line without a car number. You will be required to park your car and report to the main office.
- Please arrive at Blythe no later than 2:40 p.m. in order to have your carpool number recorded by our staff and entered into the system; otherwise, you may be required to park and come into the building to have your child called to the front office.
- For afternoon pick-up, please form two lines beginning at the designated area. Due to Fire Safety Regulations, we cannot block the front entrance of the school until dismissal.
- At 2:20 p.m., both car lines may move forward to the front of the school. For this reason, anyone with vehicles parked in the carpool line MUST be in their vehicle by 2:10 p.m. and ready to move with traffic.
- At 2:30 p.m. children being picked up in carpool will be dismissed in groups, and exit through the front of the building and walk down the center of the car line with the safety patrols.
- After all of the children are safely in each vehicle, the teacher will direct the left lane to depart, then the right lane will follow behind.
- In the event your child does not come through the carline, please get a Carpool Pass from Ms. Griffin or the staff member on duty directing traffic as you exit, then pull around to the parking lot to park and walk to the front office to have your child called. Please fill out the carpool pass with your child’s name, homeroom teacher, and number and give it to the staff member assisting you in the front office. That pass will be given to your child’s teacher so that he or she can help your child watch for his or her number the next day.
- The lower half of Blythe Drive is a two-lane road in the afternoon allowing for the buses to enter the bus lot; therefore, all vehicles should remain in the right lane and have their appropriate signal on. Be prepared to stop and wait for the traffic guard to direct you accordingly.