Hurricane Florence, Athletics Update
District administration is directing GCS schools who are hosting Thursday night sub-varsity games to move those games to Wednesday (or cancel). This will free up Thursday night and provide maximum flexibility regarding scheduling this week’s varsity games. We will consider requests from other districts to move varsity games from Friday night and will approve those when possible based on predicted weather conditions and student safety. We are waiting to see storm updates before making a decision about requests we have received to move games to Thursday night.
We plan to have a decision about football and all extracurricular events (volleyball, cross country, band, field trips, etc.) by mid-afternoon on Wednesday. All trips headed east through this weekend are in the process of being canceled. Wind and rain will both be taken into consideration for safety of travel in cars and buses and potential for power outages. We will not host events if winds from the storm make it unsafe to operate buses.
Currently, Greenville traveling to South Pointe is the only approved change of schedule. The Raiders will travel to play the Stallions at 6:30 pm on Wednesday, September 12 at South Pointe High School. We will continue to monitor the weather for updates and post changes as necessary.
***Updated with Greenville at South Pointe, Wednesday, September 12 at 6:30 pm***
Posted: 9/11/2018 | Author: Jeff Hoffman