Greenville County Schools Finance Department
The Finance Department is responsible for Education Plan Goal 4: Efficient management and further development of financial resources. To meet this goal, account for all financial/treasury transactions and support district operations, the Finance Department is organized with six operating departments:
- Business Services - Accounts Payable, Attendance Reporting, Capital Projects, Fixed Assets, Financial Reporting, General Ledger Accounting, Investments, Long Term Financing, On-Line Payment Program, Student Activity Funds, Vendor Services
- Budgeting Services – Budgets for General Fund, Special Revenue Fund, EIA Fund, and Other Local funding sources
- Food and Nutrition Services - Highest quality school meals prepared and served across the District
- Payroll and Insurance Services - Payroll, Employee Benefits, and Risk Management/Loss Prevention
- Procurement Services - Procurement Code and Regulations
- Warehouse Services - Warehousing and transportation of supplies and equipment, and courier services for District locations
General Fund Budget Summary
Financial Transaction Register
School districts are to maintain a website-based financial transaction register that includes a monthly record of all funds expended over $100 including expenditures made with a procurement card. The prior year administrative cost report is also included.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
This was prepared for web delivery by the external auditors, Greene, Finney and Horton, LLP, Certified Public Accountants.