Special Education Services - Speech-Language Pathology
The mission of speech-language services is to help students communicate in a manner that positively impacts their productive participation in the learning environment, home, local community and global environment.
- All students can communicate.
- Parent involvement supports enhanced communication.
- Students should have equal access to speech services.
- Students have the responsibility to be active communicators.
- The Individual Education Plan (IEP) process should meet the needs of each student.
- Speech-language experiences should assist students in learning to communicate effectively, to solve problems competently, to think critically and creatively, and to act responsibly.
- Developing good speech and language skills is the shared responsibility of home, school, and community.
Services Provided by Speech-Language Therapists