Special Education Services
Special Education Services - Audiology Services
Hearing is important for all students. Unidentified or unmanaged hearing loss affects a student's ability to learn language and to achieve academically. Audiology services should be designed to assess the specific needs of a student as early as possible. Greenville County Schools provides a school-based service delivery model for audiology services. The program is directed by an audiologist who is licensed by the state of South Carolina and is certified by the American Speech - Language - Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Hearing screening program for pre-school and school-aged students
- Hearing evaluations (including tympanometry)
- Otoacoustic Emissions assessments
- Hearing aid evaluations (no dispensing)
- Auditory processing evaluations
- Students referred for an auditory processing evaluation should have normal hearing levels.
- Students should have normal intelligence.
- Students should be at least 6.0 years of age.
- Fitting and assessment of Hearing Assistive Technology (HAT)
- Earmold impressions (for HAT use only)
- Medical, educational and community referrals
- Management and calibration of audiometric equipment
Contact Us - 864-452-0064
Genice Nix Williams, Au.D., CCC-A, Audiologist
Sarah Seehorn, Au.D., CCC-A, Audiologist
Lynn Byers, Secretary