Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Greenville County Schools is offering the PSAT/NMSQT testing opportunity for homeschool students in Greenville County’s attendance area at the Lifelong Learning Adult Education Center.
Participating Grade Levels
Testing is available for students officially classified as currently enrolled in grades 8, 10, and 11.
Registration & Testing Requirements
- Student(s) must live in Greenville County’s attendance area - verified by Lifelong Learning at registration (e.g., by driver’s license)
- Student(s) participates in a homeschooling program
- Student(s) must register and pay the $30.00 test fee (cash only) which includes the cost of the test. The fee is non-refundable. Online registration is not available.
- After registration is complete, students will be assigned a testing day (October 12 or October 25). Testing is expected to occur on October 12; October 25 will only be used if needed based on the number of registrations. If both test dates are used, students will be randomly assigned a test date. Requests for a specific test date and/or changing of test dates is prohibited. Ensure your student is available for both test days as the fee is non-refundable. Lifelong Learning will email parents by September 19 to notify them of their student’s assigned testing day.
- If testing accommodations are needed for students with disabilities, parents are responsible for completing the accommodations submission process directly with College Board. Accommodations must be approved by College Board’s Services for Students with Disabilities in order for the accommodations to be provided for the PSAT/NMSQT. Parents are required to supply accommodation approvals received from the College Board at the time of registration only. This allows Lifelong Learning to order the necessary materials and plan for testing.
- Students must create a Student College Board account in order to receive test scores.
- Per College Board, instead of answering the question, “Where do you go to school?” the student should check the box next to “I am no longer in high school/My school is not listed.”
Neither Lifelong Learning nor the district will handle the student account or receive scores for homeschool students.
- Registration Dates: September 6-9, 2022 (No registrations will be accepted after 3:30 p.m. on September 9, 2022).
- Registration Hours: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Location: Lifelong Learning, 206 Wilkins Street, Greenville, SC 29605
- Contact: 355-6088
- Cost: $30.00 fee (cash only) to be paid at the time of registration. The fee is non-refundable.
- 8th grade participation requires a parent permission letter to be signed at the time of registration. This form will be available at Lifelong Learning when registering.
- Each student will need to bring a Photo ID (e.g., Drivers License, passport) on test day in order to take the test. If a student does not have a Photo ID available for test day, Lifelong Learning will supply a Student ID form at the time of registration. This form may be completed by Lifelong Learning if the student is in attendance at registration and supplies a photo ID. The student must bring a photograph that will closely resemble the student’s appearance on test day. This form must be completed in the presence of the school staff or a notary. Refer to photo requirements below.
College Board’s Photo Requirements:
Make sure the student photo:
- Shows only the student—no other people are visible.
- Shows a head-and-shoulders view with the entire face, both eyes, and hair clearly visible (a head covering worn for religious purposes is acceptable).
- Is properly focused with no dark spots or shadows.
- Is an original photo, not a copy.
- Is not altered in any way using media filters, lenses, or icons.
October 12 or 25, 2022 as assigned (Once registration is complete, the assigned test date will be communicated via email no later than Monday, September 19, 2022.)
Testing Location & Contacts
Lifelong Learning, 206 Wilkins Street, Greenville, SC 29605
- Laura Griffin or Michael Delaney, 355-6088