Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018
Register Your Five-Year-Old for Kindergarten!
Make sure your child is ready to learn on the first day of school!
Greenville County Schools encourages parents of five-year-olds to register now for kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year.
Why Early Registration?
- Schools are preparing for your child to enter kindergarten in August 2018 and are so excited to have your child with us. By completing registration now, you will save time!
- Many schools host “Welcome to School” events which offer parents and children an excellent opportunity to meet the staff and tour the school before the first day of school. Registered children and their parents will be invited to these activities to help make your child more comfortable about going to school.
- It is important to register your child BEFORE school starts in August so Greenville County Schools can ensure enough teachers and spaces are available at each school for incoming kindergarten students.
- At registration, you will be asked to sign up for transportation if your child will ride the bus. School bus transportation is provided for students who live 1.5 miles or farther from their assigned school.
Find My School
To find out where your child will attend school, call 355-3100 or visit "Find My School" (also found under the Students & Parents navigation menu).
How to Register
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1st must enroll in kindergarten. Please bring the following items to your child’s school to enroll:
- State-issued Birth Certificate
- Properly Completed Immunization Certificate or Religious Exemption Certificate
- Two Forms of Proof of Residence (two documents required such as a current utility bill or copy of lease agreement)
Enroll today and your child will be READY TO LEARN on the first day of school!
For your child’s school assignment and other information, visit the Kindergarten Registration website or call INFOLine at 355-3100.