Public Participation in the District Budget Hearing Process
Consistent with Board Policy DCE and South Carolina Code Section 6-1-80, the Board of Trustees has created a temporary alternative for in-person public participation during the COVID-19 pandemic that will allow the public to communicate comments electronically regarding the District’s 2021 Fiscal Year Budget.
- Process for the Public to Submit Comments
- Members of the Public must submit comments electronically on a form linked below.
- The form at the link below will be open for public comment at noon on May 27, 2020 and close 24 hours before the scheduled public hearing on June 15, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. For clarity purposes, the deadline for submission of public comments is June 14, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. \The electronic submission must contain the name of the person submitting the comments and the address and phone number of that individual.
- The comments must be related to the 2021 Fiscal Year Budget.
- The comments must adhere to applicable General Rules contained in Section III in Board Policy KCA.
- Process for the Board of Trustees to Accept Comments
- The Board’s Leadership Team will review the submitted comments to ensure that the comments are in compliance with these procedures and Board Policy KCA.
- If the submitted comments do not meet the requirements, the individual who submitted the comments will be provided, to the extent reasonably possible, the opportunity to correct any deficiency.
- The Board will convene the public hearing at 6:00 p.m. on June 15, 2020. The Board will vote to adopt the comments and to include the comments as part of the hearing record with the individual’s address, email, and phone number removed.
Comments are currently not being accepted until further notice. Information will be provided before the next board meeting in August.