CLASS OF 2011 GRADUATION
Please visit the following link for updated information concerning the commencement exercises for the Class of 2011 at Riverside High School.
2011-2012 REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENTS COMING TO RHS
Click here to view information for new families transferring to RHS
SUMMER SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES – (All subject to Change)
There will be three programs that students will have options to take classes this summer. Below is a brief description of each program. All information below is subject to change.
Free Classes - For up-to-date information on these free programs visit www.gcsvirtual.com
1. Free Greenville County Virtual Summer School
a. Enrollment Opens: May 2
b. Enrollment Closes: June 8
c. Classes Start Online: June 13
d. End of Course Exam (if applicable): August 3 & 4 (Students must take at a specified site or
they will receive a zero. End of course exams count 20% of the class average. No make-up
exams will be given.)
e. Final Exams: August 9 & 10
f. Courses for Initial Credit (first time taking the course): English 1, 2, 3, 4; US History,
Algebra 1 & 2; Geometry; Psychology, Desktop Publishing; Probability and Statistics (All
subject to change) (All GCVS courses are offered as CP and Honors except Desktop Publishing
g. Students take courses on their home computers and do not attend a class.
h. Students should see their Guidance Counselor to sign-up as soon as enrollment opens.
2. Free South Carolina Virtual Summer School
a. Enrollment Opens: May 16
b. Enrollment Closes: May 27
c. Classes Start Online: June 13
d. Final Exams: August 9 & 10
e. Courses are offered for initial credit (first time taking a course) as well as credit recovery
(repeating a course that you have failed).
Sampling of Proposed Initial Credit Courses (subject to change)
- Keyboarding; Computer Applications; Integrated Computer Applications
- Desktop Publishing; Web Design
- Family Life Education 1; Child Development 1
- English 3; English 4
- Art History CP; Music History CP
- Algebra 2 CP; Geometry CP; Statistics CP
- Physical Education CP; Personal Health CP
- Environmental Science CP; Earth Science CP
- Economics CP; Government CP
- Spanish 1 CP, Spanish 2 CP; Spanish 3 Honors (must be taken over 2 enrollment periods)
Sampling of Proposed Credit Recovery Courses (subject to change)
- CR English 1; CR English 2; CR English 3; CR English 4
- CR Algebra 1; CR Algebra 2; CR Geometry;
- CR Physical Science; CR Biology
- CR Economics; CR Government; CR US History
f. Students take courses on their home computers and do not attend a class.
g. Students should see their guidance counselor to sign-up as soon as enrollment opens.
Free Classes Note: If you know that you are going to fail a class, it is highly recommended that you complete the
application process as soon as enrollment begins for the free programs listed above. Students are encouraged to register early; however, on-time registration for a course does not guarantee placement in the course.
Tuition Summer School Classes
3. Tuition Greenville County Summer School
a. Registration – June 6,7,8 (1:00 – 6:00 PM) at Wade Hampton High School
- Application is completed on site
- Students should bring a letter from the school; if you fail to bring a letter, your need
for summer school can be verified on site so you will not have to return to register
b. Classes Begin: June 13 – July 28 (break July 4 – 8) no Fridays; 8:30 – 12:30 (Graduation
c. Students may take only one online course via the credit recovery program (students
must have failed the class). A certified teacher will be in the lab with students to
assist with content issues. Students must attend daily and will not be allowed to miss
days and work from home. Attendance is required so no vacations should be planned
for the student from June 13 – July 28 (with the exception of the break July 4 – 8).
d. Locations: Greenville High, Southside High, Hillcrest High, or Riverside High
- Transportation is not provided
- Locations may close due to low enrollment
e. Costs: One Unit - $200; ½ Unit - $100; Exit Exam Remediation - $50
- (no checks accepted: only cash, money orders, or certified checks)
- No refunds will be issued once a student begins to receive instructional services.
f. Courses Offered:
- Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry
- English 1,2,3,4
- Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry
- US History, Government (1/2 unit), Economics (1/2 unit)
- Exit Exam Remediation (English and Math)
The following LINKS may be found on the Guidance On-Demand page
|Tutor Lists||SC Uniform Grading Scale|
|Grade Report Dates||Graduation Requirements|
|Student/Parent Handbook||Explanation of PSAT results|
|Financial Aid Night Presentation||2010-2011 NCAA "Your PATH to the Student-Athlete Experience"|
|Counselor Presentations||2010-2011 Registration Parent Meeting Presentations|