Riverside High School Parents PTA Page
Reflections Forms and Information
National PTA Reflections Program
Theme: “Believe, Dream, Inspire”
Dear Riverside Students,
For those unfamiliar with Reflections, it is a nationwide arts recognition and achievement program in which all students at Riverside High School are eligible to participate. Although the program does follow a “contest ” format, the main goal of the program is participation, not winning. This year’s theme is “Believe, Dream, Inspire” and you may convey this theme in any of the following categories:
*Literature * Musical Composition *Photography* Visual Arts* Dance Choreography* Film/Video Production
All students at Riverside High School compete in the High School (Grades 9-12) Division.
We encourage you to enter as many times, in as many categories, as you would like. The deadline for submissions is October 28, 2013 and projects,along with entry forms, should be turned in to Mrs. Bianchi (in the Art Room) or the front office. Please leave the box on the entry form marked 'Local PTA Information' blank.
For additional information please call Amy Murphy 864-469-7339.
General Rules (pdf) in Spanish
Special Artist Rules (pdf)
Literature Rules (pdf)
Music Composition Rules (pdf)
Photography Rules (pdf)
Visual Arts Rules (pdf)
Dance Choreography Rules (pdf)
Film/Video Production Rules (pdf)
SIC Report to the Community - NEW!
Objectives of PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth, the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.