1. Student dress and grooming will be neat and clean.
2. Shoes or sandals will be worn. Flip-flops (shower-type
shoes) are not permitted.
3. No bare midriff shirts or blouses will be permitted.
4. No tank tops, spaghetti strap tops, halter-tops, or vests
without shirts will be permitted.
5. No see-through or mesh garments may be worn.
6. Hats, sunglasses, hair curlers, skullies, or do-rags may
not be worn.
7. No clothing or jewelry will be permitted that displays
profanity, suggestive phrases, alcohol, tobacco, drug advertisements or
other inappropriate phrases or symbols.
8. Shorts may be worn; however, they must be properly fitted
and in good taste and may not be shorter than mid-thigh. Biker shorts
or athletic shorts of any kind are not permitted.
9. Skirts/Blouses should be tucked in unless designed to be
worn outside the pants/skirt. At no time should the student's midriff be
visible while standing, sitting, or participating in normal school
activities, e.g., raising hand.
10. Clothing that inappropriately exposes body parts or
underclothing is not permitted. Trousers/slacks/shorts must be worn at waist
level. Because of safety reasons, excessively baggy trousers and clothing
are not permitted.
11. Non-human colored hair is not permitted.
12. Clothing may not drag on the floor.
13. Extraneous articles hanging from clothing, such as
chains, are considered inappropriate and will not be permitted.
14. Facial jewelry is only permitted to be worn on the ears.
Discipline policies included in this publication are based
on information at time of printing. District discipline policies are
outlined in Parent Express, The Greenville County Schools’ parent
newsletter, which will be mailed in early August.