4K Pre-Registration This Week!
At-Risk 4K Pre-Registration for 2015-2016
At-Risk 4K Pre-Registration begins January 28-30, 2015 To be considered, children must turn four-years-old on or before September 1, 2015. Parents may pre-register at any district elementary school or child development center UNTIL MARCH 2, 2015. Pre-registration will NOT be accepted after March 2. Children do not have to live in the school attendance area to pre-register at that location. Pre-registration does not guarantee enrollment in a GCS 4K program. Children selected for 4K programs must demonstrate academic/developmental needs and/or risk factors such as low family income and low parent education level. Screened children will be ranked district-wide and those most at-risk for school success will receive initial assignments. Notification of 4K acceptance will be mailed to parents late March 2015. PLEASE NOTE: 4K Screening is March 18-20, 2015.
To pre-register your child for consideration in At-Risk 4K, bring the following documents: Parents cannot pre-register without these documents.
- State-issued Birth Certificate
- Properly Completed Immunization Certificate or Religious Exemption Certificate (Religious Exemption Certificate is provided by the Health Department)
- Proof of Residency (two documents are required):
- Current electric and/or gas bill displaying service address and a billing date within past 30 days (can bring 2 utility bills)
- Closing statement or current mortgage statement for primary residence showing property address (not mailing address)
- Current signed lease agreement with name and phone of landlord
- Most recent state or federal income tax return
- Current paid tax receipt on real estate owned by parent/legal guardian
- Property tax form requesting homestead exemption
- Current statement from DSS or other governmental agency which proves residency of the parent/legal guardian
- Current paycheck stub with address of residence
- In the case of a parent/legal guardian and child residing at a particular address with another adult, please bring a Notarized Residency Affidavit and two proofs of said adult’s residence (two on list above)