Find a Teacher
Use the dropdown box below to search for a teacher by Team.
Guidance Counselors can...
- Talk to you about your child's schedule.
- Answer questions about academic placement and standardized test scores.
- Listen to and respond to your concerns regarding issues that may affect your child's academic success.
- Meet with your child to discuss academic or personal problems.
- Schedule and attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Discuss school policies and procedures
- Refer you to appropriate staff members who can help you with a specific need.
Contact a Counselor
6th Grade, Denise Lambert
7th Grade, Crystal Fatyol
8th Grade, Shani Brister
Guidance in the BMS Handbook
If a student needs to talk with someone about a personal problem or a school problem, a counselor is available. Under normal circumstances, the procedure for seeing a counselor is:
- Notify the teacher/administrator that you need to see a counselor.
- Secure a pass to the guidance office.
- If a counselor is unable to see you immediately, an appointment will be scheduled for you.
Parents who wish to meet with teachers or counselors should call the proper grade-level counselor (355-2114) to arrange a conference. In an emergency situation, a counselor will see students immediately.
Career counselors meet with students quarterly to help students identify areas of interest and to begin career exploration. Activities are designed to encourage students to evaluate personal skills and preferences, to set goals for career options, and to apply appropriate steps in education toward the achievement of those goals.
Mental Health Counselor
A full-time mental health counselor is available to students and their families through the Piedmont Mental Health Facility. Appointments can be secured through our guidance department.
Transfers and Withdrawals
If it becomes necessary for a student to withdraw from Bryson, the student's custodial parent or legal guardian must send a written note stating where the child is transferring and the student's last day of attendance at Bryson Middle.
The student must report to the Guidance Office by 8:30 a.m. on the morning of his/her last day of attendance to pick up the withdrawal form which will be completed by his/her teachers. At the end of the day he/she will receive a withdrawal packet to take to the new school.
Upon written request, Bryson Middle will forward student records.
To Change Address and Update Student Information
If students have a change of address or phone number, they should report these changes to the
school immediately. Accurate addresses and phone numbers are needed in case of an emergency. The school should have an up-to-date address and phone number for each student's parents or guardian at all times.
To update information with the health room, please call the school nurse at 355-2107.
To update all other information, please call the Guidance Office at 355-2114.