Expression of Religious Beliefs
Greenville County Schools support the right of individual students to express their religious beliefs as long as the expression does not interfere with the rights of others or the operation of the school. For a comprehensive overview of studentís rights, please review the U.S. Department of Educationís guidelines concerning religious expression in public schools at http://www.ed.gov/Speeches/08-1995/religion.html.
The state provides free use of one set of textbooks to all students. Under the system's guidelines, students must handle and use the textbooks with care. A student who is responsible for damage to a textbook may elect to pay the cost of the textbook and gain ownership of the textbook.
Students are reminded to never leave money or other possessions unattended in any area of the school campus, particularly the gym. Large amounts of money and valuable personal items should not be brought to school. Music students should take their instruments home daily. Any item that is lost or stolen should be reported to your teacher or the office immediately.
Bryson Middle and Greenville County Schools assume no responsibility for the loss of personal property. The safe-keeping of purses, book bags, books, musical instruments, etc., is the responsibility of students. No personal property should be stored overnight at Bryson Middle School.
Students will be assigned lockers by homeroom teachers. Lockers will be used for storing coats, phones, personal items, and electronic devices. Students will be allowed to visit lockers ONLY before and after the school day. Lockers are the property of the School District of Greenville County and may be searched AT ANY TIME for reasonable cause.
- For safety reasons, wear ID badge at all times.
- Gum is not allowed at school.
- Candy may be eaten only in the cafeteria.
- The restrooms at Bryson are for your convenience and use; abuse of the restrooms will result in penalties.
- Profane, vulgar, or obscene language, literature, and behavior will not be tolerated.
- Cheating and the copying of work belonging to another student are violations of school rules as well as personal ethics. The lender and borrower will receive zeros on work and possible additional disciplinary action.
- Radios, tape recorders/players, CD players, TVs, electronic games, iPods, laser pointers, cards (of any kind), toys, skateboards, in-line skates, bicycles, mopeds, etc., are not allowed at school. All unauthorized items will be confiscated and will not be returned until the end of the school year. A parent may come to the school to retrieve confiscated items at any time.